Epcot Food & Wine Festival 2015
We recently took time to go adventuring through Epcot’s World Showcase for the 20th Annual Food & Wine Festival. We had a great time and tried some very delicious food!
Here are some of the food items we tried while there:
- Mexico Pavilion – Chilaquiles de Pollo YUM!
- China Pavilion – Gaoli Beef Slider YUM!
- Italy Pavilion – Ravioli alla Caprese SKIP – AVERAGE
- Brazil Pavilion – Pao de Queijo (Brazilian Cheese Bread) YUM!!!
- Canada Pavilion – “Le Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon with Truffle Butter Sauce YUM!
- Wine Studio – Avviato Pinot Grigio and Line 39 Cabernet Savignon GOOD!
- Cheese Studio – Sweet Goat Cheese Panna Cotta with Guava Gelle GOOD – DIFFERENT
- Chew Lab – Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle with Warm Whiskey-Caramel VERY GOOD!
Check out our video above to see each item we tried!
We also stopped off at the Chase Lounge in the American Adventure. This lounge is so neat and gives you a little behind-the-scenes glimpse of the park. They have free soda, coffee, and water as well as discounted beer and wine. There is a seating area to relax and watch some tv and also private bathrooms. You can also pick up wristbands for preferred seating to the Eat to the Beat concerts. We absolutely love this area! If you are a Chase debit or credit card holder, definitely go check it out! *They have changed the procedure this year for viewing IllumiNations. You no longer need a wristband to enter the VIP viewing area. Just show up to the area in the Italy Pavilion and show your Chase card!
Epcot Food & Wine Festival Crowds
We had a really great time touring around Epcot and just taking in the sights, sounds, and smells of the Food & Wine Festival. While we did visit during the weekend, and there were crowds, we did not feel burdened or bothered by the crowds.
Epcot Food & Wine Festival Tips
Two big tips we have to help you enjoy the Epcot Food & Wine Festival are:
- Pick up a Food & Wine Passport, there are many locations around Epcot to pick one up. Inside it has the list of all food and wine offerings for each pavilion and booth. It also lists dietary restriction information, such as Gluten Free and Vegetarian offerings. *Bonus – if you are a Disney Passholder, get your Passport stamped three times (one for each day you visit) and on the third visit you will receive a free 2015 F&W Festival Wine Glass!
- When entering the World Showcase, start from the left (Mexico) and work your way around the Showcase that way. Most guests will go to the right towards Canada, which creates a jam in some places. If you head the opposite way, you won’t have to fight as much crowd traffic.
While the crowds can seem overwhelming during the Epcot Food & Wine Festival, if you do just a little planning ahead and take our tips, you will have a great time! Disney has done a great job setting up a system to move the lines and get guests served as quickly as possible.
Want to learn more about the Epcot Food & Wine Festival? Check out the official Walt Disney World page!
If you are heading to the Epcot Food & Wine Festival, check out our Epcot page for more tips to navigate the park!
What are you most looking forward to this year at the Epcot Food & Wine Festival? Comment below!