Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights
The Osborne Family Spectacle of Dancing Lights are back at Disney’s Hollywood Studios and if you haven’t heard, it’s the 20th and final year (you can read about that announcement here). We recently spent the evening soaking in all the lights, music, and fake snow on the Streets of America and we captured some of it to share with you! What an amazing display by the Osborne Family and we are so sad to see them go!
Check out our highlights video here:
Osborne Family Lights Tips
We also wanted to give you some tips if you plan to head to see the lights dance one more time this year:
- Get there early: We recommend getting there about 30 minutes before the sun sets. You’ll be able to get a good spot for the initial lighting and it’s also a neat experience to see the Streets of America change from dark to very light! Another perk of being there early is that you will be in before most of the crowd starts flowing in and you’ll feel less like herded cattle.
- Take your time: There are a lot of little details, especially this year, and you don’t want to miss them. Don’t feel pressured by the natural flow of the crowd to move through the area quickly. Step off to the side and really enjoy the lights and the atmosphere. After all, this will be your last chance!
- Bathroom break: Don’t worry, if you need to use the restroom while in the area there’s actually a large restroom area back near the Lights, Motors, Action! attraction. So don’t leave the area just to use the potty.
- Wait for Photopass: This is one instance where we’ll suggest waiting in line for PhotoPass rather than trying to snap a selfie or have another guest take your picture. Definitely take some of those as well, but we suggest getting one or two PhotoPass pictures because these cast members are able to really capture the beauty of the lights and you won’t have as many people crowded on top of you while you’re trying to take the picture.
- Merry and Bright Dessert Party: Look into booking the dessert party if you’d like a VIP experience. If you choose to book this, you’ll enter a blocked off area that looks down the main strip. There are tables and chairs for you to sit and take in the sights and sounds. For more information or to book, check out the official Disney website.
Osborne Family Lights Photos
We will probably be heading back to see the Osborne Family Lights a few more times before they are shut down for good! We hope you’ll be able to experience them at least one more time as well!
Check out some of the pictures we snapped while there: