Romance at Walt Disney World
Many people think Walt Disney World is just for kids or family trips, but they are wrong! There are plenty of romantic things to do at Walt Disney World. To help you plan for an upcoming anniversary or maybe you want to plan a special date night (Valentine’s Day is just around the corner!), here is our list of the top romantic things to do at Disney.
1. Dinner at Epcot
There are so many restaurants to choose from in the World Showcase at Epcot! The great thing about such a large choice is that you can choose one that suits what you and your significant other like. The tough thing about so many choices is trying to narrow down which restaurant is the best choice.
Our top choice is Le Cellier in Canada. The food is wonderful and the atmosphere caters to romanticism. Other great choices include:
- San Angel Inn Restaurante in the Mexico Pavilion
- Les Chefs de France or Monsieur Paul (more expensive) in the France Pavilion
- Tokyo Dining in the Japan Pavilion (perfect if you make ADR during Illuminations and request a window seat or stick around after dinner and view the fireworks from the balcony in front of the restaurant)
2. Horse-Drawn Carriage Ride
Talk about romance! You can take a beautiful, cozy horse-drawn carriage ride through the beautiful sites created by Walt Disney World. You can choose from two sites: Disney’s Fort Wilderness or Disney’s Port Orleans – Riverside.
Fort Wilderness will give you a relaxing ride through lush setting of trees while the Port Orleans carriage ride takes you along the Sassagoula River.
For more information, click/tap here to go to the official Disney website.
3. Resort Restaurants
There are a ton of Disney resort restaurants to choose from for a perfect date night, but there are two that we highly suggest – especially for a Valentine’s Day date night:
- California Grill at Disney’s Contemporary Resort – one of our favorite dining experiences and a romantic, upscale choice. The food and service are fabulous and the views of the Seven Seas Lagoon and the Magic Kingdom are breathtaking. If you make your reservation for a time during the happily ever after Fireworks, request a window seat. If you don’t get a window seat or if you finish dining before happily ever after, you are allowed to go out to the terrace on top of the resort to view the show. The show music is piped into the restaurant and onto the terrace which provides for a truly magical and romantic evening!
- Victoria & Albert’s at the Grand Floridian – this one requires planning and budgeting, as this restaurant is the most expensive restaurant on property. There are seven courses, so this option is an experience and date night in itself. It has held the Five Diamond Award since 2000 which makes this dining experience sought after. For a more intimate experience you can choose to dine in Queen Victoria’s Room which only has 4 tables. For a lavish dining experience, book the only table at the Chef’s Table.
Fireworks at the Magic Kingdom are synonymous with romance. Countless couples have become engaged beneath the park’s fireworks show. There are a few different ways to take in these amazing fireworks while romancing your boo:
- On the Polynesian Village resort Beach – what’s more romantic than sitting on a beach set to make you feel like you’re in the South Pacific? With tiki torches lighting the paths behind you, relax on the quiet beach of the Polynesian and take in a perfect view of happily ever after. The music is piped over to the beach, so you don’t miss a thing. The sight of the fireworks reflecting off of Seven Seas Lagoon is an added bonus!
- Dessert Party at the Magic Kingdom – viewing happily ever after from inside the Magic Kingdom is always the best because you’re so close to the action but when looking for some romance, you don’t want to be squeezed on Main Street next to that family of four with a fussy baby. To get a little breathing room, feel like a VIP, and experience some delicious desserts with your honey – book a Dessert Party! You’ll have a designated spot to view the fireworks that doesn’t involve having to sit on the curb of Main Street for an hour beforehand! Click/tap here to learn more about the Dessert Party and to book yours!
- Magic Kingdom Fireworks Cruise – this option is for when you want to go all out! You can rent a pontoon boat or you can go big by reserving the Grand 1 Yacht! All options have the music playing on the boat and the views are breathtaking! This boat tour isn’t completely private, you’ll have a guide driving the boat, but it’s a nice escape from the crowds to catch happily ever after. Click/tap here to learn more about these cruises.
5. Pontoon Boat Picnic
So maybe you liked our previous suggestion about renting a fireworks cruise, but you don’t like the idea of having a guide on board. We get you, romance requires alone time.
Another option, which we LOVE, is to rent a pontoon boat during the day for an ultra romantic day date! You can pack a picnic basket (no alcohol allowed) and then take the wheel to enjoy time together on the water. You can rent pontoon boats from any of the Deluxe Resorts and we suggest renting from these: Contemporary, Grand Floridian, or Polynesian Village.
6. BoardWalk at Night
The sight of the BoardWalk at night is amazing. It immediately puts you into a romantic mood. The lights, the sights, the sounds! We love this option as a cheaper way to spend the evening since it costs nothing to go to the BoardWalk.
You can stroll around the entire BoardWalk, stop off for something sweet at the BoardWalk Bakery, or for something really indulgent head over to Beaches & Cream for an amazing ice cream treat! You can also go dancing together at the Atlantic Dance Hall and if you time it right, you may be able to take in IllumiNations in Epcot without having to enter the park!
That completes our list! There are many more romantic places and experiences at Disney that we did not include here, but here are a few honorable mentions:
- Relax in the Grand Floridian Lobby while the Grand Floridian Society Orchestra provides soothing and magical background music. Maybe you’ll get the urge to sweep your love up and dance a bit!
- If you are staying at a Disney resort, you can arrange a surprise delivery of flowers, chocolates, or gifts right to your room!
- Surrey Bikes around BoardWalk can be a fun activity that allows time for bonding and laughter! A great date idea!
Did we miss one of your favorites? Comment down below!