Disney’s Blizzard Beach is the newest water park at Walt Disney World. The theme is centered on a freak snowstorm that led to Florida’s first ski resort. However, being in Florida, the snow couldn’t last. The park is the remnants of melting snow and abandoned ski jumps!
This park is large and provides many great attractions for all ages!
- Summit Plummet – This slide is the third-tallest free fall slide in the world and it’s the main focus point of the park. If you are daring enough to take this slide on, get on line early – the wait is usually very long!
- Teamboat Springs – This is the world’s longest family water raft ride and one of our favorite attractions at the park. You and your party (minimum of 4, max of 6) get into a large blue raft and ride the rapids down one huge, fun water slide! Add this to your must-do list.
- Toboggan Racers – For the competitor in us all! Another favorite of ours, this one you’ll lie on your stomach on a racing mat and head down the mountain while racing 7 other racers to see who can get to the finish line first! Here’s a tip: lift the front of your mat up as much as you can, it will give you more speed!
- Tike’s Peak – The perfect area for the little ones! This area features slides and areas resembling scaled-down versions of the park’s large attractions. This area is limited to children 48 inches and under, but the area looks so fun, we wish it was for adults too!
- Avalunch – A great place to grab a snack before heading back up Mount Gushmore! It’s right near the entrance to the “ski lift” which brings you to the top of the mountain, so the spot is perfect to grab something quick before riding more slides!
- Lottawatta Lodge – The place to go to get a good, large meal! This is a quick service restaurant offering burgers, sandwiches, flatbreads, salads and more! Plan visiting here accordingly because it is near the front of the park and is a bit of a hike from the attractions.